What is covered in the course
Earning this certificate shows employers you have the knowledge and capability to:
- Take part in the loading and shipping processes, and work with common shipping documents.
- Schedule shipments and use various methods to track the shipments.
- Follow an effective order fulfillment cycle and work to improve order accuracy and efficiency.
- Use inventory management systems in warehouses and distribution centers to accurately report the quantity and value of the materials received, stored and shipped to customers.
- Categorize inventory and manage the costs associated with holding inventory.
- Manage customer returns.
- Follow environmentally sustainable work practices on the job.
- Implement a structured problem-solving process to deal with problems in warehouses or distribution centers.
- Make appropriate decisions about the use of different types of transportation carriers, understanding their characteristics and the advantages and disadvantages of each.
- Apply different performance metrics to measure the success of a facility in the warehousing and distribution industry.
This program features a series of courses designed to help you learn about leading practices across the warehousing and distribution industries.
After passing the exam, you will receive a certificate and a digital badge that you can display on your LinkedIn profile and in your email signature. Additionally, learners can earn 20 certification maintenance points upon completion of the program.